Then block their updates and prevent the apps from posting to your wall.
This will keep your Facebook profile clean and tidy for more important stuffs.
- Find one of the posts from the apps you want to hide in your News Feed. e.g Mafia Wars.
- Mouse over the update at the top right and click "Hide".
- Then Select "Hide Mafia Wars". You can also hide updates from other apps.
- Click "Account" (Top right corner).
- "Application Settings".
- Go to "Show", find the app from the drop-down menu.
- "Edit Settings ".
- Click on "Additional Permissions" tab.
- Deselect “Publish recent activity (one line stories) to my wall.”
- Click OK.